Sunday, September 4, 2011

ROMANS 12:9 The Narrow Path.


Romans 12:9
"Let love be without hypocrisy Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good." 

APPLICATION: I pray that God will break my heart for what breaks His, truly. But also that does not make me scared to face evil. That i learn how to handle difficult situations with a God-like mind set. God knows what's best for me, it gets hard sometimes, but God is with me, not against me. 
Don Miller writes in his book Blue Like Jazz " normally the things we want the most in this world are the things that kill us." I believe this to be very true. It isn't human nature to seek the things that the Lord offers us, the ten commandments, and for me the still small voice or calling He has for my life. We aren't born a christian,saved and heaven bound, we must at some point in our lives answer the call God has for our lives and live accordingly to that. 

Because i know this,it makes my convictions very clear. Love the way God loves me, given freely, loving all, deeply, sincerely and at all times. Cling to what is good, the truth of His words and to hate those things which are evil and that can trick me into a "Luke-
Warm" christian walk or not one at all. For the things of this world, the things that my flesh craves the most, security, merit, popularity, pride, money, that new pair of Nikes. These things I can get instead of the fruits of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22-26) selling-out for the things that make me died inside...The things that kill me. 
MY APPLICATION:
Matthew 7:13-14 
" Enter by the narrow gate;for wide is the gate and broad is the path that leads to destruction and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the path which leads to LIFE, and ONLY FEW FIND IT."
Now that i have found that small narrow path, that few are on, I am want to walk in search of the gate that is hard to find. I consistently and feverishly pray that I do not venture off the small path. And lead other to the small path, and love them in hopes that they too don't depart from it. 
MY COMMISSION:
Psalm 119:11
" Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You."
AND 
Proverbs 22:6
" Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart for it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment