Sunday, September 4, 2011

EPHESIANS 4:24 A Fresh Start.


Ephesians 4:24
" And that you put on the new man which was created according to God, true righteousness and holiness." 
When I read this, the word that is highlighted most in my heart is "New", so I looked in the back of my bible to my concordance and looked up the word "New" and the Lord took me to Lamentations 3:23-24 
Lam 3:23-24 " they are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion." says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!".... I am new every morning, when I read this I see that the Lord gives me a chance to try again, learn form yesterday's sins and short comings and go deeper with Him. God does not want me to be held back by the mistake I made in the past. I don't have to lurk within and in the old girl or now women I was before. He doesn't want me to feel guilty about my past and not except the grace and mercy He gives me. For it was there since the day on the cross, the day that the pure blood of Jesus was shed for my name sake... my soul. Why did He do this you may ask? So that I can have a relationship with HIM! So that I can grow close to Him and have the hole in my heart filled! So that I can teach other people how to fill that hole and share the good news." He has risen" We are saved! (For reference see  Matthew 28: 7-10.). 

Something else that I have learned today through this verse and my classes just today was that there is a huge difference between conviction and guilty. Guilt is a tool of the enemy (or satan). He uses this to make us feel bad about something form our past to separate us from of beloved Father ( AKA God).Guilt is how you feel toward a situation, that  there's really nothing you can do about except feel bad about. For example; the death of a family member or loved one, sexual impurity of the past before you knew God's will for marriage, other things you did in your past before you knew the love of the Lord and His will for you life, and others I can't quite think of at the moment. Conviction is something different. Conviction is something the Lord lays on your heart that can be fixed, achieved or changed. An example of a conviction would be; God convicting yo to send more time in His word each day, praying for purity in your relationships with your boyfriend or girlfriend, tithing to your home church more or more often, making prayer a daily occurrence in your life, laying down a bad habit or relationship, or in my case taking my first year out of high school and giving it to the Lord to learn His word and serve His people down in Costa Rica... It is vital to understand as a christian the difference between conviction and guilty. Feeling guilty about something you can't change for the better is useless and letting it get in the way of you and the Lord is sin. Don't take part in this tool of the enemy (santa), but if this does happen to you which I am sure it will, pray and ask the Lord to show you how to fix the situation and if He doesn't then ask Him to take it away form your mind.

APPLICATION: To be aware of the things in my life which place a wage between the Lord and I, and to hate those things and pray that they leave me as fast as they entered my brain. Also that those conviction the God puts on my heart to improve my relationship with Him, I do and understand that no matter how odd, scary or painful those convictions look that I will have the piece of mind that they are for the bettering or my loving story with Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment