Sunday, September 4, 2011

EPHESIANS 4:23 Happy New Years.


Ephesians 4:23 
" and " be renewed in the spirit of your mind." - NKJV 

"It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you." (MSG)
New Years Resolutions...hummm New Years Resolutions... Every year people make them, "I want to lose weight, I want to walk every morning, stop smoking, stop drinking, start going to church, spend less money, not get a speeding ticket," the list goes on and on. Every year at whatever New Year's Party I end up at I hear these very commitments, and every year I (more times then not) I see that every person that vowed to lose 10 lbs, not walking every morning, skipping the gym, and eating whatever they feel like. Now I am not saying that they are liars or that they didn't really sincerely want to lose that extra somethin somthin, but what I am saying is that they didn't really set themselves up for success. In other words,they relayed on their own strength to over come and herd-dal in their life.
In comparison to God, the mind of man is very weak. We are prone to all sins and lead astray form the small infraction when we relay in our own strength to overcome any from of obstacle when we are left to our own devices. In order to have success over my sins and the mountains in my life I need to call upon the Lord. Call upon Him, tell Him I can't do it in my own strength. Ask Him to walk with me and guide me in the task at hand. 
Isaiah 58:11" The LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen you bones; You shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."
When I call upon Him He will bless me. I have learned that my old way produces failure. But now I have found a new way and call upon Him in all I do. When there are things is my life that are hard and seem like a New Year's Resolutions, good intentions but weak in might, I will call upon the LORD. I will do this in all situations, when I am having an impure thought for a person or situation, when I am in the checkout line calculating the cost of my items in the cart and thinking"Do I really need everything I put in my cart?", when I  have unclean feeling toward a situation or person asking God for the right words or proper steps to take next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment