Sunday, September 4, 2011

MARK 8:37 Treasures in Heaven


Mark 8:37 
"For what can a man give in return for his soul?" NKJV 
APPLICATION: When we look to man or things other then God to fulfill us, we will be disappointed somewhere along the line. I can't look to this earth and this life apart from the Lord to make me happy and complete. I must spend this life pursing the Lord and the things of His perfect Kingdom,only then will I find fulfillment. 

Matthew 6:19-21 " Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 

In all honesty this for me is a daily cross. I have to bear everyday. Everyday to some extend I am scooped-up or have a small snag of the things of this earthly life that the world tells me will make me happy. But now that God is in my heart and I understand that He is walking beside me at all times. Those snags become more and more apparent and less and less frequent. The goal is to say "NO" to the world completely and " YES LORD YES..." to Him fully. For example; the appearance I have verses the appearance that the world says me is most appealing, the education i have in comparison to the one that I have that the world tells me will bring me the most merit and security. On top of all of the material things that puts a smile on the faces of the rich and famous. For this life isn't about earthly tangibles is for but a season,but joy in the Lord is eternal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment