Sunday, August 14, 2011

Don't Lose Your Faith.


Acts 7:55
“ But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.”

Theme: The power of the Spirit, anything is possible when you have faith.

Wow Stephen saw God, heaven and His Son Jesus! How many people can say that? This verse shows me that everything is possible when you have faith in Him. A prime example of this is myself. Now I am not claiming that I got a seek-peek at heaven, but God is making the impossible, possible in my life. I am in Whitefish Montana! Saturday I saw a pack of wild mountain goats on a snow covered glacier, a few miles from the boarder of Canada! Not more then 12 weeks form now I will find myself in a whole different country, with a foreign language, unfamiliar culture and cuisine, challenging bathroom situations and nothing but the faith I have in My Lord to keep me grounded. Less then a month ago I was in my safe bed in conservative Vancouver Washington, being able to see my whole week unfold without a hinge… Everyday here holds a new possibility.  Everyday I wake up and get out of bed I am taking a leap of faith. I got here because God wants me here, I still don’t know why this is, nor do I wish to convey to you readers that this is an easy task for me and that at times I don’t want to go home and just do what’s easy. Some days are more difficult then others, but when I have a hard time getting out of bed, or leaping off a 40 ft cliff I have to give that fear to God…. Because if I don’t…. I would look over that liege and I would never ever in a million years… Jump. God has put this mission on my heart. Sometimes my mind gets in the way. My heart’s commission is to proclaim His love to the nations. I have faith God is going to do a massive work through myself as well as my fellow interns. And I don’t have to worry about how I will get the money, where I will being going for the next six months, what kinds of things I will face on the field or even what I will eat, because God will take care of me, because I am in His will. For when we are in the will of our Lord, there is no safer place to be.

Psalms 91:15-16
“ He shall call upon me, and I will answer Him;
I will be with Him in trouble;
I will deliver Him and honor Him
With long life I will satisfy Him
And show Him my salvation.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment