Monday, July 25, 2011

Answer the Call.


Acts 2:45
“ And sold their possessions and goods, and divided hem among all as anyone had need.”

My interpretation: Obey in Faith, Receive in Full. “and sold their possessions”, the people sold all they had… all they possessed. They did this in obedience to their King (God). They obeyed, and had faith they would be taken care of. They gave everything that was physically held dear to them. They sold or GAVE AWAY all their goods, what was good what brought them joy, the things they held dear, the possessions that they have attachments to… the stuff they loved.

I look at this verse and I am convicted. I am on trial. I sit here in awe of these words and their perfect timing in my life. All I can repeat in my head is; “Karlee… Is this something you would do in the name of the Lord?” “Have you given it all to Christ and are being open to His plan for your life?” “ If God told you to “sell” all that you held dear to you…. Would you?” “ You are here Karlee… But is God asking for more?”.

I can’t honestly say that I am as willing or obedient as this mission is calling me to be.  When I first pulled up here at Potter’s Field Ranch about… 14 days ago now, we were all greeting with hugs, handshakes and smiles. But in the mist of being greeted, I shock someone’s hand and exchanged smiles. He said, “ Welcome to Potter’s Field… get stretched!” Fourteen days later I now understand what he meant. In order to do God’s work and make a true impact, you have to cast your whole lot in. When I make my way back to the “Couv” a year form now, you can expect to see some stretch marks.

Hebrews 13:17 NKJV
“ Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who, must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment